Home -> View Lot

1925 Griffith Stadium Final Construction Invoice Plus 1923 Original News Service Photo

Lot Number 494

Quantity: Bid Starts: 11/02/2015 12:00:00 
Bid Open: 100.00  Bid Ends: 11/12/2015 22:00:00 
Bid Count: Overtime: 30 Minutes
Currently: 0.00  Time Left: Ended
View Count: 1246   
      Previous Lot <--> Next Lot

Built in 1911 as National Park, Griffith Stadium was renamed in 1920 and received a major overhaul during the mid-1920s. This 4/23/25 invoice, addressed to President Clark Griffith himself, details more than $69,000 worth of "Extra Work which has been done in accordance with your orders." Includes: "right field pavilion...soft drink room...sign board...7 garages...repairs to windows and patching of concrete rear wall club house...steel flag pole...framing sign at main entrance...ice boxes and counter in soft drink room...repairing down spouts...new windows in rear wall of right field pavilion." The 8-1/2 x 11" sheet of "George A. Fuller Company" stationery exhibits mailing folds and minor peripheral wear including a small edge tear. It is accompanied by a 9/27/23 International Newsreel photo (with 1996 Christy's "Baseball Magazine" hologram sticker) of the renovations underway. A paper caption on the reverse reads, "AMERICAN LEAGUE GROUNDS AT CAPITAL ENLARGED. The Senators entertain no hopes of winning the pennant, but Clark Griffith is going to stage some big football games in his stadium this fall and is enlarging it to accommodate 45,000 spectators. Photo shows the new stands at the stadium." Typical perimeter newsroom wear includes corner chips.

Pictures  (Click on Photo to Enlarge)